Software Engineers - Client
In this role:
Our team helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud. Our customers are operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers who encounter novel performance, security, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve. Some examples of things you’ll be working on with respect to your built applications or services will include proxy integrations, Envoy Proxy xDS APIs, certificate management for mutual TLS connectivity, and security through service-oriented patterns. You’ll actively contribute to the service mesh ecosystem, follow new developments in emerging technology, look for opportunities to differentiate our product from the competition and rethink product architecture to meet new global scale and organizational demands.
You can expect to:
- Be hands-on creating CSS and HTML to build a web application, sometimes to a designer’s specifications and sometimes by making your own decisions about implementation and interface
- Connect web interfaces to back-end services and functions using WebSockets and RESTful services.
- Perform end-to-end testing, unit testing, and debugging of your software.
- Engage in brainstorming and ideation sessions with the team to discover new and ideal solutions to customer pain points and problems.
- Synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet timelines.
- Develop new complex software solutions according to defined application requirements and UI/UX Wireframes.
- Design complex web applications and components.
- Support delivery excellence by being part of the entire process, from integration to production support activities.
- Performance tune, bug fix, and maintain production software.
- Assist with configuration and deployment of software.
- Engage in discussions, meetings, and briefings with key customer stakeholders.
You are a good fit if you can:
- Bring imagination and energy to your job every day.
- Show empathy for the people operating, learning, teaching and supporting software you write.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Understand current web development trends.
- Collaborate with peer engineers in discussions around performance, user experience, security, and other constraints when designing complex systems.
- Understand UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Have a willingness to learn and support additional platform features and applications.
- Are well-versed in various web application design patterns, including but not limited to, single-page apps and server-side rendering.
- Possess knowledge of:
- API and RESTful web services development experience, JSON, XML, YAML
- Shell scripting (bash)
- CI/CD pipeline design
- Distributed systems and cloud architectures
- Other skills that are important:
- Experience with service mesh architecture
- Application protocols like Web Sockets, HTTP/2, QUIC and NATS
- Experience with at least one of the following configuration management tools:
- Salt, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory call with someone from our team
- First interview with an engineering mentor
- Interview with additional team members
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining
Collaboration and communication are critical aspects of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with us, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.